Friday, January 6, 2012

Featured Artist Friday - Thomas Rice

Welcome to a new feature of my blog: Featured Artist Friday! I'm beginning this series with Atlanta artist Thomas Rice. He's incredibly talented - oils, watercolors, sculpture, and is a much sought after landscape designer. He's also the husband of my husband's cousin. :)

In December at the Fridy family reunion we were treated to a viewing of two of his works en route to their new owners. One was this really cool copper wire sculpture portrait. My photo doesn't begin to do it justice...it's three dimensional and that doesn't show well here against the white wall, but trust me, it is an incredible piece!


The other piece was this fabulous oil portrait:

Thomas has many photographs of his work on his webite. Hop over there and enjoy!

1 comment:

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow. That oil is breath-taking.