Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More Art Unleashed




Have you ever had one of those days where the best you could manage was DUH? (Please tell me 'of course' so I'll know I'm not the only one...)





In the rush to get the boys ready for baseball games, Lucy walked(so she would be a bit worn out before the parade and wouldn't be in hyperdrive) and bathed, and myself ready as well, I flew out the door to get to the festivities - running late, of course - and realized half way there that I didn't have my camera! ARRAGGGHHH!!!! A friend took some pictures and should be emailing them to me soon, but in the meantime, here is how 'Lucy Loves the Bow-House' turned out.


The parade was a blast, as was the street festival. Lots of people turned out with their pets, and I had several people stop me as I was walking through downtown to return to my car and ask if it was 'Dog Day' in the city. I suppose it was. And a good day it was indeed. The city is blessed with an abundance of fine art cats and dogs which will be on display through August, when they will be auctioned off to their permanent homes. Thank you Forsyth Humane Society for what you do to help animals in our area, and for promoting art as well.


Speaking of art, be sure and stop by Chelsee's Coffee on Trade Street between now and the end of May to see the exhibit of art quilts by the Beecassos...I have 2 pieces hanging: "Rising Above Adversity With a Clear Conscience" and "Guest in My Garden". Bring your friends, enjoy a latte and some sinfully good cake, and feast your eyes....

No comments: