Monday, May 5, 2008

Retreat!

How much fun it is to go away with Bernie! Um, no Bernie is not my husband...Bernie is my Bernina sewing machine, whom I love as much, but in a different way. OK, well, maybe not quite as much, but love it I do, and off we've been on a wonderful quilting retreat in the beautiful mountians of NC. Normally my quilting time is spent on art quilts, but I also enjoy "traditional" quilting and that's what I worked on during this weekend away. The gift quilt mentioned earlier is now a top...backing is about 1/3 done, quilting to follow shortly...I have until June 1 to get it done.






I made several more blocks for the Christmas quilt I've been working on. I started this project on my last retreat. Not sure yet which Christmas it will be completed, as it requires 36 blocks and I'm only up to 15, but hey, it's still progress!






I also caught up on my 'block of the month' , which for me is 'blocks of the months'...I'm doing two different sets and I had slipped a bit behind schedule. Now I'm back on track and I can go to this month's meeting without feeling like I have to sit on the back row...wait a minute, that's where I sit anyway...


It was so much fun to be with such a large group of women who share the same passion for quilting. There were lots of stunning projects being worked on, not the least of which was LP's "Southern Album" top that she completed. And LS's "Seminole Snakes"...wow!
As they say, a good time was had by all...

2 comments:

Nane said...

You did get a lot done! Its the only time I sew...and love to get away with my quilting buddies.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Sorry I missed all the fun. Your WIPs (Works In Progress)are fantastic, as always! I can't wait to see LP's SA quilt for myself, I'm sure it's awesome.