Monday, April 16, 2012

No Time Like Now


I decided to take a walk this morning with Max and Lucy. In fact, I've decided to try and take a walk every morning...something that I've too long been neglecting. I was on a good roll with relatively consistent walking back before winter, and even though our winter was pretty mild, I let the routine slip. My waistline is telling...and I don't like what it has to say.

What I don't get is why I'm so reluctant to get out and do this. My neighborhood is beautiful. I feel great when I'm done. The dogs are happy when we make the rounds. So what's my excuse?

Truth is, there really isn't one.

Oh, I can rationalize the lack of time. No one would argue with that! But, given that I've tried the sedentary  program and it's not given me good results, the time is now to get my behind out of the desk chair and out the door. Regularly. No excuses.

If I start early enough it won't interfere with the rest of the day. In fact, if this (as seen on Facebook this morning)  holds true then I've already won the battle!




Besides, look at all the great stuff I discover along the way...






Beauty...
(albeit a bit blurry...what happens when you try to
juggle 2 dogs and a smart phone...)







Amusement...
(nothing says Easter like a pink flamingo with bunny ears...
except maybe a sock monkey! :D  )









More beauty....










And more beauty....








Yep. The time is now.

1 comment:

Salem Stitcher said...

Preach it, sister!

I'm right there with you. Think I'll grab Shelby and head out there right now!