Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's February?

I can't believe I haven't posted since January 14! Well, actually I can...I've been a wee teensy bit busy. But what else is new? My youngest had his 9th birthday - same day as the inauguration, so there was lots of excitement around here that day. I've had meetings with Cosmic Cow, Beecassos and Associated Artists (see side bar for links), taught an Angelina fiber class at my favorite LQS, been on a wonderful 3 day retreat with my Miss Bee Haven buddies where I managed to complete a second art quilt for submitting to PAQA-South's ArtQuilts:transitions (keeping crossed fingers for getting jury acceptance - one or the other, or both pieces would be great!) along with working on another large piece, designing a table runner for an upcoming class, and completing a "green" tote bag...not to mention LAUGHING so hard I couldn't breathe. I can't tell you the value having close quilting buddies adds to your life! Wait, yes I can... it is priceless!

Let's see...what else have I been up to?

I have seven interior design projects going in various stages...all fun ones. And one of last year's clients has invited me to be their guest at their annual fund raising Gala in Raleigh later this month. Black tie and all! I have my dress...DH had better get it in gear and get his tux. I haven't seen him in one since we got married, and this time...he has to dance (long story)...can't wait!

There are two more show deadlines this month and a meeting with a gallery out of town, another commissioned painted cat...oh, and I was asked to chair the Exhibit Committee for Associated Artists! I don't know who is more excited, me for being asked...or the wonderful artist who has been leading us for many, many years and was ready to, as I say, "let someone else have that opportunity" (she literally jumped for joy when I said yes! It was funny! Scares me a bit...is it really THAT demanding??).

And then there's life: dentist appointments and Science Fair projects and basketball games and snow days out of school...

I guess all of that just wasn't enough, because I also decided to completely undo and rearrange my office/studio. It is not yet put back together. It looks like I've been robbed....except they didn't take anything...

No wonder I haven't posted since January 14!!

No comments: