Thursday, August 7, 2008

Interior Design

Yes, I really do interior design...I know, I haven't posted any pictures about any of my projects yet. That's because construction takes a looong time, even with the best contractors. It's just the nature of the beast. Forget what happens on Extreme Home Makeover... it is great and I love what they do for people, but real world construction doesn't have an army of tradespeople cranking it out in a week.

Anyway, I do have exciting news in that two of my projects are quickly becoming reality...a Thai restaurant that I did the design work for late last year is finally about to start upfit construction. It is going into the street level of a new multi-story high-end condominium project and will be a relocation and expansion for the restaurant. And speaking of condominiums, I have been working equally as long on a really cool rehab condo project that as of today has drywall going up!! This project is a conversion of an old downtown brick warehouse building and has been a lot of fun to watch evolve. It is now at the point of construction where things will start to happen more quickly, and I hope to be posting some before, during, and after pictures within the next couple of months. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can't wait to see, it will be AWESOME... no doubt about it. Congratulations!

Nane said...

Yum, I hope the Thai restaurant is close by so we can check out your finished project over some Pad Thai noodles.