Thursday, August 7, 2008

Interior Design

Yes, I really do interior design...I know, I haven't posted any pictures about any of my projects yet. That's because construction takes a looong time, even with the best contractors. It's just the nature of the beast. Forget what happens on Extreme Home Makeover... it is great and I love what they do for people, but real world construction doesn't have an army of tradespeople cranking it out in a week.

Anyway, I do have exciting news in that two of my projects are quickly becoming reality...a Thai restaurant that I did the design work for late last year is finally about to start upfit construction. It is going into the street level of a new multi-story high-end condominium project and will be a relocation and expansion for the restaurant. And speaking of condominiums, I have been working equally as long on a really cool rehab condo project that as of today has drywall going up!! This project is a conversion of an old downtown brick warehouse building and has been a lot of fun to watch evolve. It is now at the point of construction where things will start to happen more quickly, and I hope to be posting some before, during, and after pictures within the next couple of months. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can't wait to see, it will be AWESOME... no doubt about it. Congratulations!

Nane said...

Yum, I hope the Thai restaurant is close by so we can check out your finished project over some Pad Thai noodles.

WindowProsofva said...

Window Treatment can add warmth and personality to your home. You can transform the appearance of any room with little expense and time. Here are some basic tips to help you choose the best window treatment. You'll need to consider four main things when buying window treatments: Function, privacy, light control, and style. Some areas of your room may require more light control, privacy, or ventilation. Hard window treatments, including shades and blinds, offer the most control over light. Soft window treatments, such as curtains and drapes, effectively trap heat and block noise.Virginia window treatments