Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Goodness

Oh my...one year of neglect has transformed my raspberry patch into a bountiful tangle of red-luscious goodness! Last year I pulled up our brick patio with the intention of redoing it. About half of the bricks were stacked up between the raspberries and the fence, and well, I guess I got too busy with work to re-lay the patio and in so doing also neglected to prune the vines... and VOILA! Berry vines EVERYWHERE! And boy are they loaded down with the biggest, sweetest, most delicious things. Yummmmm. I've already frozen about 5 quarts and have another 1.5 that were picked tonight. I'd guess that I'm about half way into the harvest. It's a bit amusingly treacherous getting the ones in the middle of the tangled sprawling overgrowth...I have to climb onto the pile of bricks without toppling them, all the while trying not to step onto any of the vines (don't want to crush any and definitely don't want to cut up my legs! Those thorns are wicked!). It's a bit like playing Twister with mosquitoes, but oh so worth it. There's nothing like a fresh handful on my morning cereal...and I've also found that they are especially delightful when combined with a dark chocolate espresso truffle square by Choxie..."pure dark chocolate frolics with the earthy essence of ground aromatic coffee beans creating divine espresso truffle squares." You got that right...oooh lala. And only 3 carbs each!







Life is berry, berry good...

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

YUMMY!!! Oh but if they are like picking blackberries, I hope you are wearing jeans. You'll look like you've been in a cat fight!

Nane said...

Not a chocolate fan...but I am sure the fresh berries are delicious.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oooh... YES IT IS! :)