Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm Still Here

...and I can't wait to catch you up on all the stuff that's been happening around here. It's been production central, getting things ready for the Deck the Halls sale at Sawtooth and the Winterized Wonders art fair at my boys' school...decking my own halls getting ready for Christmas, and all the usual flurry of activities that go with...processing another contract for a guild lecture...and on and on. I have photos to upload and stories to share. And all of this will be forthcoming.

But meanwhile...life has dealt another harsh blow to Virginia Tech...my Alma Mater. And my heart is breaking for them...the officer senselessly slain and the family he leaves behind...the university population reliving a trauma from which I can only imagine was just maybe beginning to heal, if it ever really can from something so horrific as what they endured just a few short years ago...a young man so broken that he would commit such an act. And for what? Why? So many unanswered questions in this season of Peace on Earth.

I grew up in the town next door. My parents owned a business in Blacksburg. I spent four years learning and soaking up college life there. I worked both an internship and post graduation position in the Planning Department. It's a part of who I am and where I came from.

It's so easy to think that things like that happen "somewhere else"...but reality tells us that it can happen anywhere.

Please keep the Hokies in your thoughts and prayers. It's a great school.


And pray for peace.

1 comment:

Salem Stitcher said...

When I heard it had happened again at VT, I couldn't believe it. So sad and senseless.