Monday, May 16, 2011

Fun with Ink!

I've been having the most fun!! My guild - Forsyth Piecers and Quilters - booked a Tsukineko Ink workshop with the brilliantly talented Judy Perez, held this past Saturday. I've been wanting to learn what to do with these inks for a while now, and have been looking for an opportunity to have Judy here for a class ever since we met a couple of years ago when she was in Winston-Salem on a personal trip. When I saw Asheville on her calendar I jumped at the chance to book a class in Winston-Salem, only 2 hours east of Asheville.

It was 6 hours of bliss!  :)

In this class Judy teaches two different methods for working with the inks, and she provides images to work from so you don't have to get bogged down in trying to think up something. It was a relaxed, really fun day! Look what we did!.....

Judy (right) giving tips to Joanna White


OK, we didn't do these...Judy did! Aren't they amazing?


This is my first test piece...learning to get the feel of it using the Fantastixs


My second pieces, done mostly with the Fantastix. I call them "Alien Fruits"  I was in a playful color mood :)


This is Fred, my seahorse. I love him madly! He is what I created in the afternoon using paintbrushes in the second technique Judy taught. Be on the watch for Fred to turn up in a future art quilt...


Asheville is hosting Judy's Ornamental Fiesta class and I'll be heading up there for that this week, so tune  in later for more pictures!

2 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Well, for some reason I can't see any of the photos. I guess we'll just have to get together so I can see in person! I saw what Muriel did in class and they were beautiful!

Nane said...

Looks like a blast!