Thursday, May 21, 2009

Arts in Education - the final workshop



My last workshop for the Arts in Education program of Associated Artists was held at Southeast Middle School, where we did Positive/Negative surface designs on fabric. Positive, by adding to the surface with fabric paints, and negative by taking away from the fabric with discharging. It was a small group, but we had fun and I had creative kids who did a great job!









I have really enjoyed presenting these workshops. Having art in the public schools is very important to me and I'm glad I got to be a part of this Arts Council grant program.

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

The results look so cool! I know they enjoyed having you there!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm happy, too, that this is an ongoing program in our schools. Well done, teacher!

MJMR said...

Being a retired art teacher, it warms my heart to see that "the Arts" are alive in Forsyth County. With the cuts that are being made in the NC Educational system, "the arts" will be one of the first programs to be cut. There are so many children who need this medium to express themselves.