Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dimensions

Today I packed up 'Eventually You Must Choose' and shipped it off to the Durham Arts Council for the PAQA-South exhibit ArtQuilts:transitions. I always feel a little pang of angst...though fortunately, so far, I've never had problems with the shipping companies. So I trust it will get where it's supposed to and I can't wait to see all the other pieces that will be in that show! The opening reception will be held April 17 in conjunction with PAQA-South's Spring Conference. It will be fun to see everyone and to meet new friends as well.

The next piece that will be heading out into the world is 'She Stands by the River and Weeps No More', which has been juried into Dimensions, a national juried art exhibit at Associated Artists' gallery in Winston-Salem, opening April 2 and running through May 22. This piece first showed in Martinsville, VA at the Piedmont Arts Association invitational Art of the Quilt, and I'm super excited to have it also accepted into a national level art exhibit!! I had a lot of fun with the various techniques I used on this one.

There is bonded tissue paper accented with Lumiere paint, painted batting, double fused fabrics, commercial fabrics, couched yarn, and LOTS of thread painting with a bunch of different threads. The leaves are all dimensional...sewn on by hand at the top tip of each one (I thought I had lost my mind at the time but I love how it turned out!) Have a closer look and let me know if you see her...

7 comments:

♥ ♪ ~Lucia~ ♪ ♥ said...

I like this art .
It's really different from my style...
Like the texture of the colors ^^

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can't click it :(

The quilt is fantastic, the leaves are wonderful.. but that sky is absolutely incredible!

LauraQuilts said...

I can see her - fabulous!

Nane said...

I see her...but I got a preview last year as she was in progress. Great results

Salem Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the national show! That is big time and well deserved!

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

Love this. That sky is just ALIVE!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I see her, I do I do. Wonderful!