Saturday, December 13, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Salem Stitcher has tagged me in a challenge where I am to go to my 4th photo file and pick the 4th photo, post it, then explain what it is...I take soooo many pictures, it's hard to tell, so here I go...let's see what I find..... (there's NO telling...)



Well, hardly a glamorous photo, but one that brings back great memories! Last year I had the privilege of being the interior designer for the renovation of the old Coast Guard Station on Ocracoke Island, which became the Eastern campus for The North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching, or NCCAT for short. It was one of my most favorite projects ever! This photo was taken on the day that the furniture arrived and was being installed, hence all the boxes. The building in the picture is the dining and staff quarters building; it is connected by a large deck and covered walkway to the main building. And in the far background is water...the views from this facility are AMAZING!

The people of NCCAT and the people I got to know on the island are just the best! And now, because of this project, I have a "very most favorite place to go." I fell totally in love with Ocracoke Island. I have to share a few more pictures...enjoy, and you'll see why I think it's such a fantastic place!






Pic 1 is the NCCAT campus, Pic 2 is the Ocracoke lighthouse, Pic 3 is this funky gnarly tree that caught my eye, Pic 4 is of some of the wild ponies on the island, Pic 5 is us surf fishing (the beach is pristine...all natural, no buildings!), Pic 6 is sunrise from the ferry (the only way to get there is by boat), and Pic 7 is a shot taken in the main lobby of NCCAT...notice the Mariner's Compass quilt...done by yours truly! (I had to make this quilt related somehow, right?)

So, now I'm supposed to tag 4 people...but I think I'll just tag you all! This is fun...be sure and let me know if you consider yourself tagged, so I can come visit and see what's in your 4th file!

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Great photos! You know, I have loved in NC all my life and never been to Ocracoke. I've got to fix that soon.

Thanks for playing along!

Nane said...

Love the Mariner's Compass, making one is on my bucket list...hope I live a long time because I will need the years to get one of those done.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Fantastic photos, I LOVE Okracoke, too.